New device warns user of heart attack
When a heart attack begins, it takes only minutes for a heart to become damaged due to a lack of blood.
Now a new tool called the “Guardian Device” is being implanted in patients to constantly monitor their hearts.
Like a guardian angel, it sounds an alarm when the heart is in trouble and it can happen before the patient even knows something is wrong.
Cardiologist Dr. Naeem Tahirkheli talked with us about this new device.
Karl Owings, who has the Guardian Device implant, shared his story with us and how his life has changed after the implant.
This device is currently in a clinical study.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger