Mega church pastor’s children plead no contest in child sex abuse case
TULSA, Okla. – The son and daughter-in-law of a mega church pastor in Tulsa have pleaded “no contest” to charges against them.
This stems from an incident last year at Victory Christian Church in Tulsa.
A 13-year old girl reported being raped on ministry property by a church worker.
John and Charica Daugherty were charged with failing to promptly report child sexual abuse.
Thursday they pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor charge.
They face a five-year deferred sentence with probation and a fine.
The judge also ordered the couple to develop a safety plan to prevent abuse from ever happening again at the church.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him