Family escapes burning southwest OKC home
OKLAHOMA CITY – Nine people, including several handicapped adults and a 3-month-old baby, are safe after escaping an early morning house fire.
It’s a surprise anyone got out of the charred home alive on the 3300 block of S.W. 26th St. near Independence Ave.
Authorities said the fire devoured the family’s home and spread to the house next door.
It damaged the neighbor’s bathroom and attic.
Two dogs also escaped the fire.
Crews said smoke detectors were not in use.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns