Man killed by officer after threatening others
ENID,Okla.—Authorities say one man is dead after being shot by an officer in Enid.
Officials were called to the northeast side of Enid on Saturday around 7 p.m.
Police rushed to a home in the area after receiving a call about 36-year-old Jimmy Birchfield threatening to kill someone and their dogs.
When officers arrived, they say Birchfield confronted police with a weapon.
The OSBI is now investigating the shooting.
Right now, the officer who shot the suspect is on administrative leave.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring