Man killed by officer after threatening others
ENID,Okla.—Authorities say one man is dead after being shot by an officer in Enid.
Officials were called to the northeast side of Enid on Saturday around 7 p.m.
Police rushed to a home in the area after receiving a call about 36-year-old Jimmy Birchfield threatening to kill someone and their dogs.
When officers arrived, they say Birchfield confronted police with a weapon.
The OSBI is now investigating the shooting.
Right now, the officer who shot the suspect is on administrative leave.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich