Authorities: Edmond teen high at time of fatal accident
EDMOND, Okla. – Authorities have confirmed and Edmond teen who died in a fatal accident last month was high from huffing a can of compressed air, the type used to clean computer keyboards.
Landon Burger, 18, died in a car wreck about a month ago on Conltrane Rd.
His Jeep swerved into a ravine, hit trees and flipped.
Burger played football for Yukon high school before moving to Edmond.
A toxicology report indicates Burger had Difluoro-ethane in his blood at the time of the crash.
It’s a refrigerant commonly used in cans of compressed air.
Authorities said they believe he may have lost consciousness behind the wheel due to extreme intoxication.
- Oklahoma father finds mother, 3-year-old daughter dead in garage, saves 5-year-old son
- UPDATE: Did one of Oklahoma's famous couples find another home in a different state?
- Man sues McDonald's for $1.5 million over napkin incident
- WATCH: Guy gives homeless man winning lottery ticket, man insists they share winnings