British baby boy born over 15 pounds
BRISTOL, U.K. – A baby born in England is getting worldwide attention.
Say hello to George King.
At 15 pounds, seven ounces, he’s the second largest baby ever born in Britain.
At just a month and a half he’s already wearing 3-to-6 month clothes.
This big boy has already survived a lot.
He had a rough delivery stunning his parents and doctors who expected a smaller baby.
“When his head was out, that’s when they realized he was so big and then his shoulders got stuck and that’s when sort of everything sort of kicked off really,” mom Jade Packer said. “There was about 20 odd doctors in the room and that’s when it got really scary.”
Baby George went five minutes without oxygen and at first, doctors put his chances for survival at 10 percent.
But after a month in the hospital, the hefty boy is now home.
George is definitely a robust baby but he’s doesn’t set a Guinness World Record.
That goes to a 23-pound, 12-ounce baby delivered way back in 1879.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'