Dog credited for saving elderly neighbor
SPARTA, Mich. – A dog in Michigan is being credited for saving his 89-year-old neighbor’s life.
Rob Jerry was taking his dog out on St. Patrick’s Day morning when she started acting strange.
Instead of coming when he called, she stood still staring down the driveway.
So Jerry went to investigate.
Jerry said, “I heard something, but I thought it sounded more like a deer grunt and I thought that’s what she was just sitting there looking and then I listened for a couple seconds and I could hear that it wasn’t a grunt it was a ‘help.’”
Rob then saw his 89-year-old neighbor, Albert Larson, lying in his driveway.
Albert had been out there for at least an hour after slipping on ice while going to get the paper.
He had fallen and his clothes were freezing to the ground.
Albert had bruising along his leg and shoulder and a broken hip.
He’s now in rehab recovering.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him