10pm News Producer
KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, Oklahoma City’s market leader and one of the top NBC affiliates in the country is seeking an experienced producer to serve as a newsroom leader! You will write and manage content/ graphics while making important decisions under deadline.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
1. Writes & produces news stories for daily newscasts – serve as a control room leader during severe weather coverage
2. Produces opens and graphics elements for a highly produced newscast
3. Fills in on other newscasts as needed
4. Submits story ideas daily and work aggressively to increase traffic on web and mobile platforms
5. Contributes recommendations on daily story coverage and special assignments
6. Must be available to work station promotion events
7. Serves as a leader within the news room, offering advice & assistance to other employees
8. Copy edits news stories by reporters and writers
9. Produces special news events, shows and coverage outside the daily newscasts
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. At least 3 years producing experience
2. Top notch showcasing skills and superb writing and communication skills
3. Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
4. Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines
5. Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
6. Watch local TV news whenever possible
7. Must work well as part of a team
This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills. Degree in journalism or equivalent experience preferred. Must be willing to work flexible hours. If you can do most, if not all of these things, you should throw your hat in the ring.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If you are interested, send resume and related information to email@example.com.
You may mail resume to:
444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73114.
No phone calls please.
Local TV LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer