Time lapse: The USS Abraham Lincoln arrives in dry dock
The USS Abraham Lincoln arrived at Newport News Shipyard this week for its four-year midlife refueling and complex overhaul.
Budget uncertainty from the sequester had caused a six-week delay in the carrier’s arrival as the Navy waited to see if Congress would approve enough money to cover the work.
The Navy’s fifth Nimitz-class carrier will have its nuclear reactors refueled as well as extensive modernization work to more than 2,300 compartments, 600 tanks and hundreds of systems.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger