Bill to arm teachers shot down at Capitol
OKLAHOMA CITY – A bill that would allow teachers to arm themselves has been shot down at the Capitol.
The chairman of the Senate Education Committee said he doesn’t plan to grant a hearing on the measure.
This is the least week for bill to get a hearing.
House Bill 1062 would have allowed teachers to carry a weapon if they were trained and their district allowed it.
The bill passed the house but doesn’t appear to have a future in the senate.
It could be reassigned to another committee but that isn’t expected to happen.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns