Study shows sex among young teens remains low
A new study finds sexual activity among young teens has remained extremely low.
A recent survey showed 1 percent of 11 year olds and 2. 5 percent of 12 year olds reported having had sex.
But the number jumps to a third of teens by age 16 and nearly half by age 17.
The report also finds contraceptive usage is common among younger teens who engage in sexual activity.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger