Charges lowered against man accused of murdering wife
Attorney Irven Box and Justin Adams
OKLAHOMA CITY – Prosecutors have changed the charges against a Blanchard man who was accused of killing his wife.
Justin Adams’ attorney confirmed that Adams is now facing two counts of first-degree manslaughter.
Prosecutors had charged Adams with two counts of murder for the death of his wife, Jaymie Adams, and their unborn child.
Jaymie, who advertised as a prostitute on Craigslist, disappeared in late 2011 before her body turned up a month later in the woods near Lake Stanley Draper.
Prosecutors said DNA taken from the Jaymie’s body matched another man identified as Joseph Cyr.
Cyr has not been charged in the crime.
Adams is due back in court Wednesday morning for a preliminary hearing.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse