New Macy film to be shot in Oklahoma
OKLAHOMA CITY – We have some exciting news to pass along; it involves another Hollywood movie being shot in Oklahoma.
But unlike Rain Man or Twister, this movie was actually written by two Oklahomans.
It’s called Rudderless.
William H. Macy, his wife, actress Felicity Huffman, Selena Gomez and Laurence Fishburne are just some of the A list stars who will be living and working in our state during the next few months.
Macy helped write the screenplay, he’s starring in the film and he’s directing it as well.
In a press release he said, “This film was written in Oklahoma and set in Oklahoma and we saw no reason to shoot it anywhere but Oklahoma. It was lucky for us that we did because since we started our prep here, people have been more than accommodating, they’ve been downright generous.”
The movie centers around a grieving father who is dealing with the loss of his son and his unique quest to find peace.
We’re told the majority of the filming will take place in Oklahoma City and Guthrie.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him