Fire destroys home; man in critical condition
OKLAHOMA CITY – Firefighters pulled an unconscious man from a house filled with smoke and flames Wednesday afternoon.
Oklahoma City firefighters found him inside a bedroom at a home near N.W. 23rd and Villa.
Battalion Chief Mike Walker said the man was suffering from smoke inhalation.
“They were able to locate the victim within just a couple of minutes and bring him out, hopefully he’ll live,” Walker said.
He was the only person inside the house.
Fire investigators said they believe the fire was intentionally set but the circumstances remain unclear.
Just a short time before the fire, Oklahoma City Police responded to the home on a domestic disturbance call.
“We are not sure at this point if this fire is related to the previous call that the police department responded to the only thing that we can say at this point is that we know the fire was intentionally set,” Walker said.
The name of the victim has not been released.
He was transported to the hospital in critical condition.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online