SUV flipped in accident with Edmond police car
EDMOND, Okla. - A police officer responding to a call hit a woman’s car, which then flipped before coming to rest upside down against a utility pole Thursday afternoon.
It happened on Covell Rd. between Bryant and Coltrane.
The woman driving the car escaped with minor injuries, as did the police officer.
She was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Witnesses said it’s amazing no one was seriously hurt.
Accidents like these hit close to home for one woman who sees this on a daily basis.
Jeff and Janice Jones own Edmond Auto Service and Towing.
They were called out to help clean up the accident.
The job often puts them on edge.
“Every time we get a call we’re afraid that it’s our daughter, who`s 20,” Janie said. “It`s nerve-wracking sometimes.”
“It probably makes me more cautious when I`m driving, especially with people in the car with me,” Jeff said.
Cleaning up today’s wreckage, they said they’re thankful no one was hurt and that their family is safe.
“So far, so good.” Janice said.
The accident is being investigated as a regular traffic accident, despite the involvement of a police car.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him