Pres. Obama taking pay cut during sequester
WASHINGTON – President Obama said he is joining Americans as they are forced to undergo spending cuts due to furloughs.
Five percent of the president’s $400,000 salary will go back to the U.S. Treasury.
Since his salary is fixed and cannot be changed by law, he will write a check each month.
The voluntary move will be retroactive to March 1, when the sequester cuts began, and last through the end of the year.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger