Stoops Talks QBs
NORMAN – The Oklahoma Sooners will start to wrap-up their spring football practices with the annual “Red-White” game Saturday at 2pm on Owen Field in Norman. In what’s been a pretty locked-up training camp the past several weeks, the media was given a rare availability with head coach Bob Stoops and some of the defensive players Tuesday. The 15-year head coach says all three quarterbacks battling to replace the departed Landry Jones have been playing well and “avoiding the bad snaps” during the recent workouts.
The trio of Blake Bell, Kendall Thompson and Trevor Knight will all see action in Saturday’s scrimmage and even though Stoops began Tuesday’s media session by joking “I’m gonna announce our starting quarterback today”, the coach is nowhere close to making such a decision – and probably won’t be after Saturday’s exhibition either.
Saturday’s “Red-White” Spring game will be televised live by Fox Sports Oklahoma.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school