Thunder Rumbles Through Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, UT – The Oklahoma City Thunder stayed oh-so-close to San Antonio in a race for the top spot in the NBA’s Western Conference after a solid 90-80 road win over the Utah Jazz Tuesday night in Salt Lake City. The win improved the Thunder record to 57-21 while “idle” San Antonio remains 57-20 going down the stretch in these final games of the regular season. Utah entered the night clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, just ahead of the L.A. Lakers, but the Thunder took command midway through the second quarter and never gave it up.
Thunder all-star point guard Russell Westbrook led all scorers with 25 points while fellow all-star Kevin Durant just missed a “triple-double” with 21 points, 12 rebounds and 9 assists. The Thunder defense was obviously MUCH better than the team displayed in the 125-120 home loss to the New York Knicks last Sunday – and OKC now stays on the rugged road with a Thursday night game at Golden State followed by a Friday night game at Portland in Oregon.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him