Texas charter bus crashes on way to Okla. casino
IRVING, Texas – A charter bus headed for an Oklahoma casino crashed near Dallas Thursday morning.
Two people were killed and 41 others were injured when the bus veered across Texas 161 in Irving, smashing into a concrete median and turning on its side.
The bus was headed to the Choctaw casino resort in Durant.
Officials said most on board were seniors ranging in age from 66 to 80.
It’s not yet clear why the bus lost control although one passenger said it felt like the bus had a tire blowout.
Authorities said the accident could have been worse if the barrier had not prevented the bus from traveling into the southbound lanes.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'