Okla. Survivor Tree saplings uniting two cities after tragedies
OKLAHOMA CITY – A symbol of hope from the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum could soon be making its way to Newtown, Connecticut.
The horrific Sandy Hook Elementary shootings happened last December.
That’s when Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 children and six adult staff members before turning the gun on himself.
Now some Oklahoma saplings are uniting these cities and providing hope for the communities struck by tragedy, nearly two decades apart.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom