American Airlines grounds flights after computer system issue
DALLAS – American Airlines has grounded all flights after an issue with their reservation system Tuesday afternoon.
The Dallas-based airline said all flights are on a “ground delay” until 4 p.m. CT.
UPDATE: We are now in a system-wide ground delay until 4:00pm CT as we work to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.—
American Airlines (@AmericanAir) April 16, 2013
They first reported outages with their reservation system and then said they cannot access it so they grounded the flights as a precaution.
Officials have not said what caused the outage.
They said they are working to regain access as soon as possible.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'