Flooding strands OKC drivers, backs up traffic
OKLAHOMA CITY – Thursday crews were still cleaning up the mess after flooding brought traffic to a standstill on Broadway near 50th St. Wednesday night.
About 8 p.m. motorists had to be rescued after driving into standing water on I-235.
It took hours for the water to recede.
Chickasha, Lawton and Edmond were also heavily flooded.
No injuries were reported.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger