OKC man climbs tree, exposes self to young girls
OKLAHOMA CITY – An Oklahoma City man is arrested for allegedly exposing himself to little girls.
Several witnesses, ranging in ages from 3 to 17 years old, told police they saw the naked man chasing girls around an apartment complex on the city’s southwest side.
Police arrested 20-year-old Cody Coachman for several counts of indecent exposure as well as lewd acts with a child.
Hiding up in a tree, with kids playing in the grassy courtyard, Coachman allegedly dropped his pants and repeatedly flashed young girls.
“He was high on drugs and hiding in the tree waiting for little girls to come by and wagging his wiener around,” Leathia Overton said.
Leathia lives in the apartment complex and called police after one of her kids saw the suspect making lewd gestures from the tree.
“My 3 year old was exposed to it so it’s quite upsetting,” Overton said.
Police said when they arrived on scene, Coachman didn’t go quietly.
“He began making religious statements and even singing hymns,” OKC Police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said. “Ultimately, he was arrested.”
According to police reports, Coachman also “began thrusting his hips sexually into the back of the squad car seat and talking sexually to the seat.”
Police said even though the 20-year-old man didn’t physically assault any girls, it’s still a serious crime.
“Although he did not attack the children, going outside in that state is still a felony,” Knight said.
Police booked the suspect into jail on a $42,000 bond.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school