OKC man climbs tree, exposes self to young girls
OKLAHOMA CITY – An Oklahoma City man is arrested for allegedly exposing himself to little girls.
Several witnesses, ranging in ages from 3 to 17 years old, told police they saw the naked man chasing girls around an apartment complex on the city’s southwest side.
Police arrested 20-year-old Cody Coachman for several counts of indecent exposure as well as lewd acts with a child.
Hiding up in a tree, with kids playing in the grassy courtyard, Coachman allegedly dropped his pants and repeatedly flashed young girls.
“He was high on drugs and hiding in the tree waiting for little girls to come by and wagging his wiener around,” Leathia Overton said.
Leathia lives in the apartment complex and called police after one of her kids saw the suspect making lewd gestures from the tree.
“My 3 year old was exposed to it so it’s quite upsetting,” Overton said.
Police said when they arrived on scene, Coachman didn’t go quietly.
“He began making religious statements and even singing hymns,” OKC Police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said. “Ultimately, he was arrested.”
According to police reports, Coachman also “began thrusting his hips sexually into the back of the squad car seat and talking sexually to the seat.”
Police said even though the 20-year-old man didn’t physically assault any girls, it’s still a serious crime.
“Although he did not attack the children, going outside in that state is still a felony,” Knight said.
Police booked the suspect into jail on a $42,000 bond.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online