Man gunned down outside Choctaw home
CHOCTAW, Okla. – A metro man is gunned down outside his home.
The body was discovered at the victim’s home near S.E. 29th St. and Indian Meridian.
Choctaw police and Oklahoma County sheriff’s deputies are working the case.
The victim is identified as James Vaughn.
Unfortunately, right now it’s too early in the investigation to know what led up to the shooting.
Police found Vaughn dead from multiple gunshot wounds after officers were called to the scene after the victim didn’t show up to work.
“An employer noticed the employee not at work and came out to check on him and found the individual,” Choctaw police Sgt. Dan Wiedemann said.
Choctaw police admit they don’t know what sparked the violence.
No suspects are in custody and a motive remains unclear.
The remote nature of the scene also made it difficult to find neighbors and witnesses but police hope that won’t slow their investigation.
“The residence is remotely located off the roadway but we do have some residents, we’re talking to them to see what information we can gather,” Wiedemann said.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to contact either Choctaw police or the Oklahoma County sheriffs office.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts