New hearing denied for man convicted of murdering highway patrolman
OKLAHOMA CITY – A man convicted of murdering an Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper claims to have evidence against his defense attorneys.
Ricky Ray Malone, 38, requested a hearing to show evidence that his defense attorneys were ineffective during his trial and appeal.
That request for a hearing has been denied.
Malone was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death for the 2003 killing of trooper Nikky Green.
Green was shot to death with his own gun while trying to arrest Malone for allegedly operating a mobile methamphetamine lab out of a vehicle.
Part of the attack was even caught on the trooper’s dashcam.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse