Suspects in foiled Toronto terror plot face charges
TORONTO – Two men accused of planning a terror attack to derail a passenger train in the Toronto area make their first appearance in court Tuesday.
U.S. Congressman Peter King said the target is believed to be a train going from Canada to the U.S.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the men were part of the first known Al Qaeda-inspired plot in Canada.
Charges against the men include conspiring to carry out an attack and murder people in association with a terrorist group.
Officials said the attack was in the planning stage but not imminent.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse