What’s Right with Our Schools: Wellston Elementary unsung hero
WELLSTON, Okla. – We all know good things happening in our schools.
This week we’re taking you to the heart and soul of one Oklahoma school to meet a hard working woman who does a lot of little things that make a big difference.
Toiling away inside Wellston Elementary is unsung hero assistant librarian Ruth Steadman.
That’s her official title but students and teachers said she is so much more than that.
Steadman is 81 years young and loves encouraging her students to read.
She is also pretty handy at repairing books; throwing away a tattered book is almost considered a crime to her.
Thanks to Randall Reed Ford, the students and teachers were able to recognize Steadman and let her know all she does for them does not go unnoticed.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him