Duncan father accused of slamming baby on changing table
DUNCAN, Okla. – A heart-breaking child abuse case is under investigation in Duncan.
Ricky Lee Torrez is behind bars on felony child abuse charges.
He allegedly admitted to slamming his 3-month-old baby so hard on the changing table, the child suffered severe injuries.
Prosecutors said the mother of the infant noticed he wasn’t acting right after she left him with Torrez, the baby’s father.
Court records show Torrez admitted getting frustrated with a 2-year-old child also in his care and in anger he slammed the baby on the changing table.
The baby suffered a skull fracture, stroke and other injuries but is still alive.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger