Police remove suspicious package during Thunder game
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma City Police removed a suspicious package from an area near the Chesapeake Energy Arena during the game Wednesday night.
Police found the package near a parking garage at Sheridan and Walker just outside the Union Bus Station.
According to police, they quickly blocked off the area as a precaution, called in the bomb squad and removed the package as the Thunder game was wrapping up.
The suspicious item was removed before the streets filled with fans.
Investigators have inspected the package and now believe there was nothing dangerous inside.
Oklahoma City Police plan to have an increased presence at major events in downtown Oklahoma City including the Festival of the Arts and Memorial Marathon.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him