Westbrook to miss remainder of NBA playoffs
The Oklahoma City Thunder will have to make due without one of their top players for the rest of this year’s NBA Playoffs. The Thunder announced Saturday guard Russell Westbrook will miss the rest of the playoffs after undergoing surgery on Saturday in Colorado to repair a torn meniscus he suffered in Game 2 of the Thunder’s first round playoff series vs. Houston on Wednesday.
Westbrook’s injury was too severe for him to be able to recover in time to return to the team this post-season. Thunder general manager Sam Presti said Saturday Westbrook has already begun rehabilitation and is hoping to be ready to return to the team for the start of next season.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom