Sooners sweep cyclones, Ricketts tosses no-hitter
NORMAN, Okla. - The top-ranked Oklahoma softball team completed a dominating 3-game sweep of Iowa State on Sunday, run-ruling the Cyclones for the third straight game in a 12-0, 5-inning shutout.
OU pitcher Keilani Ricketts tossed her fourth no-hitter of the season and fifth of her career, striking out ten and adding a 2-run home run in the 2nd inning.
OU improved to 43-3 on the season and 11-1 in Big 12 play.
The Sooners visit Kansas next weekend.
Also in Norman, the Oklahoma men’s tennis team won its second straight Big 12 championship on Sunday, upsetting top seed Baylor 4-2 in the final at the Headington Family Tennis Center.
Oklahoma State’s women’s team lost in the final to Texas, 4-0.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school