Store employee shot while confronting suspected thief
OKLAHOMA CITY – A store employee was shot by a man trying to steal an ATV, according to Oklahoma City Police.
Officers responded to JRT Cycle near S.W. 29th St. and Agnew Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City Police told News Channel 4 the employee confronted the suspect.
Lt. Jeff Cooper said the altercation turned physical and the suspect pulled a gun.
“He went outside and saw a subject on one of the four-wheelers trying to steal it,” Lt. Cooper said. “The employee confronted the suspect and a fight ensued. During the fight, the suspect pulled a gun and shot the employee.”
The employee was transported to the hospital.
Investigators located a man in a nearby neighborhood who matched the description of the suspect.
A neighbor told police the man was looking for a house to hide.
Police arrested 27-year-old Michael Ruoff on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
Investigators have not recovered the gun used in the shooting.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts