Utah soccer coach punched by teen dies
A Utah soccer referee who was in a coma after being punched by a teenage player has died.
The 46-year-old ref was critically injured last month when a 17-year-old player allegedly punched him in the face after being issued a yellow card for a foul.
The teen was booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of aggravated assault but police said additional charges are now being considered.
The recreational soccer league where the incident took place says it would be hiring off-duty police officers as security for future games.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him