Crews search for missing Carnival cruise passengers
SYDNEY, Australia – A search and rescue operation is underway for two people missing from a Carnival cruise ship Thursday.
Authorities were alerted when a 30-year-old man and 26-year-old woman didn’t claim their luggage.
The cruise ship docked in Sydney at the end of a 10-day journey.
The two missing people were sharing a cabin and traveling with family and friends on the pacific island cruise.
It’s believed they may have fallen overboard.
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding their disappearance.
A search was ordered around 60 miles off the coast of central New South Wales.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him