Daring rescue gives duck tale happy ending
EDMOND, Okla. – Fox Lake is an oasis for families of geese and ducks.
But recently, a fledgling family of ducklings took an unfortunate detour.
Edmond police spokesperson Jenny Monroe said, “It was a mother duck and she lost her ducklings.”
Frito Lay vender Dennis Frizzell was delivering chips to Walmart early one morning when his truck was halted by the mother duck.
“She was just freaking out,” he said. “She kept trying to get into the drain so I called 911.”
Edmond police officers Josh Smith and Kris Fite were dispatched to the storm drain.
Frizzell said, “One of the officers getting them would hand them to me and I set them in a pond. She stayed under my truck.”
These boys in blue were too shy for our camera but officials said this rescue was above and beyond the call of duty.
According to Monroe, “There are many things we will do and this is an example of something unusual. We are happy to do it.”
A happy ending to this duck tale.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him