Wes Lunt to transfer from OSU
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State athletics officials just announced Wes Lunt, the Cowboy’s quarterback, will be transferring.
OSU football coach Mike Gundy said on okstate.com, “He’s leaving on good terms and is making this decision based on what he thinks is best for his future.”
According to okstate.com, Lunt started five games as a true freshman in 2012 and was OSU’s first true freshman opening-day starter at quarterback since at least 1950.
They reported injuries derailed his season but he still finished with 81 completions in 131 attempts for 1,108 yards with six touchdowns and seven interceptions.
Lunt has said he has not confirmed a transfer destination at this time.
“This was not a decision I took lightly but it is a decision that I felt was right for me,” Lunt said. “I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to the entire Oklahoma State University community.”
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring