Teen drowns during swim with friends in Guthrie
GUTHRIE, Okla. – A teen boy drowns after a swim with friends in Guthrie.
Police said he boy went under at about 5 p.m. Monday.
The 14-year-old boy was swimming to a valve out in the lake.
Lt. Mark Bruning with Guthrie Police said it was a dangerous undertaking.
“The water is extremely cold,” he said. “We don’t recommend that at any time of year because it’s a pretty good swim let alone when the water is cold. Plus, we don’t know what kind of swimmer he was. “
Rescue crews and divers looked for almost two hours and found the body in the water.
The victim’s name has not been released.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse