Police chase ends at brick wall, car into home
OKLAHOMA CITY – Three men led Oklahoma City Police on a short chase early Tuesday morning.
It ended with the getaway car crashing into a house.
It happened near N.W. 85th St. and Harvey.
Neighbors raced outside when they heard the commotion and they said they couldn’t believe their eyes.
“When it’s that big of a bang, I wonder what is up,” Marvin Hutcherson said. “I see that car there and thought wow someone tried to drive up through here!”
The driver also knocked down a stop sign as he tried to escape.
Neighbors said they’re surprised something like this could happen so close to home.
“Crime happens a lot,” Kendall Butler said. “But it’s not normal for people to run into peoples’ houses.”
No one was hurt in the crash.
As cleanup begins, they said this won’t be something they’ll be forgetting anytime soon.
“It’s all bad,” Butler said. “First the Thunder lose and now this.”
The driver ran away from the wreck and escaped.
Police took the two passengers into custody.
They said they are hoping to trace the car’s license plate back to the driver.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him