Top-ranked Sooners dominate Big 12 Softball awards
The top-ranked Oklahoma softball team swept the major awards and placed seven players on the first two All-Big 12 teams for 2013. OU’s Patty Gasso won her sixth Big 12 Coach of the Year award, Arizona transfer Shelby Pendley was named the Big 12 Player of the Year, and the Sooners’ Keilani Ricketts was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Year.
Pendley, Ricketts, Lauren Chamberlain, Destinee Martinez, and Brianna Turang were all named first team All-Big 12, with Georgia Casey and Michelle Gascoigne named second team all-conference. OSU’s Tarah Ettinger was second team All-Big 12 as well.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'