Sooners hold off hogs, advance to regional final
Oklahoma’s top-ranked softball team had an answer for every Arkansas attack, and the Sooners downed the Razorbacks 10-5 on Saturday at the NCAA regional at Marita Hynes Field in Norman to advance to the final on Sunday at 1:00.
Lauren Chamberlain drove in five runs for the second game in a row, including a 3-run double in the bottom of the 6th inning to put the game away. The Sooners will face Arkansas again in the regional finals, with the Razorbacks needing two wins over OU to advance to the super regional.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him