Interactive Map: 1999, 2003, 2013 Moore Tornadoes
Here are the paths of tornadoes over the years in the Moore, Oklahoma area
Red: May 3rd, 1999 Tornado Path
Blue: May 8th, 2003 Tornado Path
Green: May 20th, 2013 Tornado Path
You can see how a portion of the 2013 storm (green) overlaps the 1999 storm (red), which was an F5 tornado that did around 1.1 billion dollars in damage. 36 people died in that storm and 8,000 homes were badly damaged or destroyed.
You can zoom in using the map above and follow the paths of all three tornadoes up-close.
Data Courtesy WDT, Inc – Norman, OK
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors