IYC Scam Alert: Storm chaser contractors
EDMOND, OKLA. – William Choi and family are safe and sound.
The same can’t be said for their Edmond home.
He said, “We have some limbs that are down, a broken window right over here.”
There’s also damage to the family’s fence, back porch and roof.
William hired Russell Lee and Advanced Roofing Solutions to make repairs.
The company is licensed, bonded and insured, but there’s some that are not.
- Ask to talk to the contractor’s last three customers, not his favorites.
- Get all guarantees, warranties and promises in writing.
- And remember, good contractors likely won’t cut you a special deal!
Lee said, “Make sure the company is local. A lot of them are coming in and getting cell phones here, getting a local number and saying they’re local, but they’re not. “
Whether you’re hiring a tree service, general or roofing contractor, stay vigilante and avoid quick fix schemes.
- Ask family and friends for referrals.
- Keep a paper trail.
- Pay by check, never cash.
- Verify license with the state.
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- GRAPHIC: Oklahoma man said he found his stolen mule tied to tree, starved to death