Elderly man survives Moore tornado in a closet
MOORE, Okla. – An elderly man took cover in an interior closet in his home during the Moore tornado Monday and lived to talk about it.
His daughter said he hid in the closet and his home was destroyed around him.
That closet was the only room left standing after the twister.
She said her father was unharmed, no minor injuries, not even a scratch.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger