News Channel 4 viewers step up to the plate
OKLAHOMA CITY – Ever since Tuesday morning, cars have been lining up outside KFOR studios.
It’s been an overwhelming outpouring of cash donations and supplies.
Sherri Rector brought t-shirts, paper towels and bottled water.
“This is the Oklahoma standard. This is what we do,” she said. “We are strong. We will recover.”
TMT trucking donated the big rig.
Our News Channel viewers did the rest!
Some kids donated all their summer vacation money.
We finished loading up the semi, then made our way down to Southgate Baptist Church in Moore, a staging area for donated supplies.
We found Pastor Doug Brewer and others giving it their all.
“It is overwhelming,” he said. “It is amazing not only the magnitude of the destruction, but it’s amazing because of the response.”
Johnny Pettigrew drove the 18 wheeler.
“God just moved me to help yesterday morning at 6 o’clock,” he said. “I didn’t know what to do. We had the ability to use a van and one of our trucks and that’s what I did.”
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse