OKC Thunder player raising awareness to end Lupus
A disease that kills more women than breast cancer is in the spotlight this weekend.
Daniel Orton, Thunder player and ambassador for the 2013 Walk to End Lupus, joined us to talk about the event.
The former Bishop McGuinness basketball player led the Irish to state championships before Orlando drafted him.
Now Orton is back home with the OKC Thunder.
The cause is close to his heart and has been since his mother was diagnosed.
The Walk to End Lupus is June 1 at the OKC Zoo.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger