OKC Barons take finals game 3
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City Barons ripped the net for a trio of first period goals on their way to a 4-1 win over the Grand Rapids Griffins in their AHL Calder Cup Western Conference finals playoff series Wednesday night at the Cox Center downtown.
The Barons got early goals from Ben Eager, Josh Green and Phillipe Cornet while goalie Yann Danis did the rest as the Barons took a 2-1 lead in the best-of-7 game series.
Barons and Griffins will face off in game #4 Friday night, also in the Cox Center downtown before playing game #5 Saturday night here in the city before the series shifts back to Michigan (if necessary) for game #6 in Grand Rapids.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him