Sooners open play at WCWS
OKLAHOMA CITY - The top ranked Oklahoma Sooners begin play in the Women’s College Softball “World Series” tonight at Hall of Fame Stadium here in the city. OU has been at or near the top of the national polls virtually all season and with that sparkling record of 52-4 they get ready to host Michigan in the fourth and final game of opening day at approximately 8:30pm Oklahoma time on national TV through one of the ESPN outlets.
The Sooners feature 2-time USA Softball Collegiate National “Player of the Year” Keilani Ricketts, as well as offensive stalwarts Lauren Chamberlain and Arizona-transfer Shelby Pendley. Head Coach Patty Gasso’s team zipped through the NCAA “Super” Regional with a pair of run-rule victories over Texas A&M before advancing to the WCWS, which is being played here in Oklahoma City for the 17th straight year. The days’ schedule looks like this:
11:00am – Nebraska v. Washington (on ESPN2)
1:30pm – Florida v. Tennessee (on ESPN2)
6:00pm – Texas v. Arizona State (on ESPN2)
8:30pm – Oklahoma v. Michigan (on ESPN2)
Sooners head coach Patty Gasso talks about her team being ranked #1 in America and being favored to win the school’s first NCAA Championship since 2000.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom