KFOR crew runs into flash flooding issues
OKLAHOMA CITY – Reporter Adam Mertz and his photographer, Eric Dixon, were covering the storms when flood waters suddenly became a serious issue.
Fortunately a Good Samaritan with a truck and a large lift helped them rescue their vehicle from the high water.
Other motorists were stranded and had to leave their cars carrying what they could in the flooded streets.
The storm dumped from 6 to 8 inches of rain in many areas of the metro.
Some of the surrounding suburbs may have received up to 10 inches of rain.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him