Oklahoma City bottoms out “fittest cities” list
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City has been bumped to the bottom of the “Fittest Cities in America” list.
The American Fitness Index named the Twin Cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul the fittest out of the top 50 metropolitan areas.
They took into consideration how many parks, walking trails and recreational areas were available for residents.
Washington D.C. came in second and OKC is dead last.
Experts said the rankings can be improved by implementing smoking bans, building more parks and requiring physical education classes through high school.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him