New state record for May rainfall
We thought the drought may have some help becoming dampened and that turned out to be correct. For the month of May 2013, the old rainfall amount record from 1982 was smashed by nearly 2 1/2 inches for the month of May just concluded Friday evening with tornadoes and floods in many parts of the metro OKC area.
For May 2013, the city of Oklahoma City received a new record of 14.52 inches of rain. On average, the month of May sees 4.65 inches of rain, so OKC nearly tripled that this year.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'